will it import AVCHD videos from camers
How do I import AVCHD from my Panasonic video recorder to my iPad retina
2 Answers from the Community
Converting AVCHD to MPEG-4 or to H.264 is the only way. The specs for Lightning to USB Camera Adapter says "..supports ... HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4". So there you go. I wish Apple can come up with an adapter to accommodate AVCHD format.
- Answered by Roger T from Ajax
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Nope, it doesn't. I tried connecting my 4th gen iPad to Sony hdr-cx260v. It doesn't read any of the movies stored on the flash drive. It does import the photos I took on the camcorder.
I import the movie to the mac, and convert the AVCHD files to MP4/H.264 using the QuickTime's export feature, then move it to iPad.
I didn't find any other better way to achieve this. Let me know if you guys found a better alternative?
- Answered by Renjith C from Bothell
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can it import Gopro videos?
- Asked by Raymond A from Carson
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it import Gopro videos?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
No answers yet
Can you playback H.264 videos without importing them?
- Asked by Zachary T from Ellsworth
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you playback H.264 videos without importing them?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter