Will this adapter allow me to charge an ipad mini with the 30 pin charger?
2 Answers from the Community
All original Apple Chargers come without charging cables. So if you have an old but "original" Apple charger that definitely has an USB type output port, you can use either the old 30-pin docking type cable (other end is USB) or the new Lightning cable (other end is USB) with the aforementioned original Apple chargers. What counts is the power rating of the charger versus the Apple hardware you want to charge. However some new Apple models (such as iPhone 5, iPod Touch/5G, iPod Nano/7G, iPad Mini and iPad 4th Generation) carry the new Lightning connector and you definitely need to use an original Apple cable (USB to Lightning) bcz. this is a "chipped" cable and ordinary 3rd party cables mostly will (should) not work!... This Lightning to 30-pin Adapter is also "chipped", so you can connect either an original Apple (USB to 30-pin) cable, or some other 3rd party (OEM) USB to 30-pin cable, or say a charger having a fixed cable (with he 30-pin socket at the output) to this adapter to charge your iPad Mini. No sweat!...
- Answered by M. Afak Y
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Ethan S from None
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use this cable to charge my iPad while playing content on my HDTV with the Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter ?
- Asked by Robert L from St-marc-sur-richelieu
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to charge my iPad while playing content on my HDTV with the Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter ?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Does it Charge iPhone 4s, do it required any cable or adapter,does it some sort of Portable charger?
- Asked by Viganesan S from Bayan Baru
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it Charge iPhone 4s, do it required any cable or adapter,does it some sort of Portable charger?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter