can you connect a lightning 30 pin adapter to the lightning vga adapter to give video output, analog audio and ipod control (from old system)
1 Answer from the Community
I tried this by connecting the 30 pin adaptor to the lightning VGA adaptor, then connecting the video feed to the video in of a TechnoGym treadmill and the 30 pin cable into the designated dock on the machine. The video worked fine and the phone receives charge (from the 30 pin cable). However the gym equipment did not recognise it as a compatible device and would not allow media control or Nike Plus functions. These do work when the 30 pin adaptor is used by itself. It appears the lightning socket on this product does not pass through much more than power (if anything).
- Answered by Ashley A from Evesham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this crazy setup work?
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet
Can this cord be connected to my older IPOD and then connected to my car's audio via the USB? Just not sure sound works with this cord.
- Asked by Albert J from Bloomington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cord be connected to my older IPOD and then connected to my car's audio via the USB? Just not sure sound works with this cord.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable