can you connect a lightning 30 pin adapter to the lightning vga adapter to give video output, analog audio and ipod control (from old system)
1 Answer from the Community
I tried this by connecting the 30 pin adaptor to the lightning VGA adaptor, then connecting the video feed to the video in of a TechnoGym treadmill and the 30 pin cable into the designated dock on the machine. The video worked fine and the phone receives charge (from the 30 pin cable). However the gym equipment did not recognise it as a compatible device and would not allow media control or Nike Plus functions. These do work when the 30 pin adaptor is used by itself. It appears the lightning socket on this product does not pass through much more than power (if anything).
- Answered by Ashley A from Evesham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Audio Output Fixed or Variable Volume?
- Asked by Jordan W from Collingswood
- Flag as inappropriate (Audio Output Fixed or Variable Volume?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
No answers yet
can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?
- Asked by Mark P from Monessen
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter