Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not.
I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.
2 Answers from the Community
It is up to the app publisher to include support for video-out. For instance, I had attempted to stream HBO2GO to my AppleTV, only to find out it would pass audio but not video. HBO issued an update for the app just today allowing the video out (for both Airplay and AV ou,t like this product) to work from the app.
- Answered by Mark H from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. It works fine with the latest BBC iPlayer app.
- Answered by J K from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I watch BBC i player using the VGA Adapter on my TV?
- Asked by Colin B
- Apr. 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch BBC i player using the VGA Adapter on my TV?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter
Can I use this cable to watch Apple TV in my iMac?
- Asked by Adan A from Houston
- Mar. 26, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to watch Apple TV in my iMac?)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…