Can it be used as a video INPUT port on the ipad?
For example to connect a dslr camera hdmi output for seeing the photos as if the ipad was an external monitor
- Asked by Alex Z from Monfalcone Go
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used as a video INPUT port on the ipad?)
2 Answers from the Community
no. it's for video output only.
- Answered by Mark O from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Not absolutely sure, but I think 95% most likely not (the adaptor contains specialist hardware to decode video to HDMI, and I doubt it contains hardware to encode as well)
- Answered by Peter J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do the USB3.1 ports support video input??
- Asked by Clint T from Ocean Reef
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the USB3.1 ports support video input??)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
No answers yet