Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?
I cant seem to get a clean answer when searching - looking to transfer data from my old 2008 macbook pro to the new one. My mini dvi looks exactly the same as the thunderbolt on new macs without the logo, is that the case?
Thanks, wanted to to check before ordering a $50 cabele
1 Answer from the Community
No, you can't sorry! the minidisplayport looks like thunderbolt but is not thunderbolt, I would suggest getting a firewire or usb cable to transfer.
- Answered by Sam R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this adapter to connect my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011: non-retina, 'Thunderbolt') to the HDMI input on a new projector?
- Asked by Jonathan B
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to connect my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011: non-retina, 'Thunderbolt') to the HDMI input on a new projector?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
Compatibility with MacBook Pro Late 2016
- Asked by Mike M from Carmel
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with MacBook Pro Late 2016)
- Asked about: LaCie 3TB D2 Desktop Hard Drive - T…