Can this cable be used to transfer digital audio signal to another divice like a DAC?
Can this Thunderbolt cable be used to transfer digital audio signal to another digital divice like a DAC, or a digital multi chanel audio-mixtable ?
(or in the future maybe?)
My main problem is that they have took the digital audio S/P-DFI away from the last generation Mac mini ;(
And there are no other digital audio ports anymore.
(PS: the hdmi port is used for my monitor. (but it have no audio)
and don't talk me about USB output. USB gave always digital distortion (Jitter)
As USB never have been build for this purpose.
1 Answer from the Community
1. You need the right USB cable. Although I think Monster is overpriced, some audio engineers on Amazon said those ones didn't have any jitter, so I got one and it works fine and extremely clear with my headphone amp.
2. I'm not sure, because PCIe and DisplayPort are primarily graphics interfaces. However, PCIe has been used with positive results with solid state drives, so a DAC should definitely be an option in the future.
Hope that Helps :)
- Answered by Pervaiz S from Loma Linda
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter