Will this cable enable you to use the Mid 2010 iMac with Mini Display Port as a display for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt in clam shell mode?
1 Answer from the Community
No. The 2010 iMac does not have Thunderbolt, so it cannot be used with this Thunderbolt cable. However, you can use a mini-DP cable for the purpose you described with the 27" Mid-2010 iMac, because the MacBook Pro supports DP output on the Thunderbolt port, and the 27" Mid-2010 iMac accepts DP input using Target Display Mode.
- Answered by Eric A from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor
- Asked by Aj B from Daytonabeach Shores
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
is Mini Display Port the same as Thunderbolt Port
- Asked by Allan M from N Providence
- Flag as inappropriate (is Mini Display Port the same as Thunderbolt Port)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
Can I connect mini-DP cable to MacBook by this adapter?
- Asked by Xin X from Waltham
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect mini-DP cable to MacBook by this adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…