can i connect my video cam to my iMac using thunderbolt?
I am trying to upload videos from my DV to my iMac - am not sure if this device is thunderbolt compatible. what cable should i use? tx!
- Asked by James S from Petaling Jaya
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect my video cam to my iMac using thunderbolt?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can. Set up depends on which camera. For an older Sony Digital 8 Handycam, I plugged in a 4-pin to 9-pin Gigawire (from Radio Shack) to the DV in/out on the camera. Then I attached an Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter to that cable, and plugged into the Thunderbolt in back of the iMac. iMovie recognized the camera. The Mac could not control the camera, but that was no big deal.
- Answered by William T from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Since your camera doesn't have thunderbolt no it can not. Use USB or FireWire
- Answered by Kevin G from Kamloops
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
is this compatible with sony digital 8 cam/DCR-TRV330
- Asked by Mary Michele C from Nokomis
- Flag as inappropriate (is this compatible with sony digital 8 cam/DCR-TRV330)
- Asked about: Belkin FireWire 800/400 9-Pin/6-Pin…
Can the go pro be used as a web cam on my iMac?
- Asked by Quint G from Cypress
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the go pro be used as a web cam on my iMac?)
- Asked about: GoPro HERO5 Session Camera
Will this device read a sd card used in a trail cam?
- Asked by Norman V from Redding
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this device read a sd card used in a trail cam?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader