Can this cable be used to make a iMac 21.5-inch, Mid 2010 a second monitor for a iMac 27-inch, Mid 2010?
1 Answer from the Community
No. The desired set up cannot be realized by any cable combination because the iMac 21.5 inch does not have target display mode. Furthermore, even if the roles were to be swapped (iMac 27 as secondary display), the Thunderbolt Cable would not work because a Thunderbolt Cable can never be hooked up to a non-Thunderbolt port.
The only way to connect an iMac 21.5 (mid 2010) to an iMac 27 (mid 2010) would be to use the iMac 27 in target display mode. The correct cable to use would be a Mini Display Port cable, not a Thunderbolt cable.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will it work with my iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)?
- Asked by Fredy S from Rio De Janeiro
- Jul. 17, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with my iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)?)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Whole-Home Mesh Wi-Fi…
iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, will it work with this model?
- Asked by James C
- Nov. 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, will it work with this model?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
So, to be clear, this will connect an Xbox One, using HDMI, to a mid-2010 27" iMac, using Target Display mode?
- Asked by Clark R from Gainesville
- Nov. 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (So, to be clear, this will connect an Xbox One, using HDMI, to a mid-2010 27" iMac, using Target Display mode?)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…