I have a nice new iMac 21.5" (mid 2011 model) Need to connect my HD archives and my old G3 Powerbook all FIREWIRE.... how? Is there an adaptor?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes there are multiple ways to connect a Thunderbolt equipped Mac to Firewire devices. You can either use an "Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter", or get a Thunderbolt dock with a Firewire connector. The Apple Thunderbolt Cable can only be used in connection with a dock.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can be used for 21.5 inch, mid 2011
- Asked by Kamyar E from Cheadl Hulme
- Flag as inappropriate (can be used for 21.5 inch, mid 2011)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 8GB 1866MHz DDR…
need cable to connect external backup to new iMac 21.5 usb port. Present cable to large to go for usb port
- Asked by Cynthia C from New Smyrna Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (need cable to connect external backup to new iMac 21.5 usb port. Present cable to large to go for usb port)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter