Backup and Restore or Airport Time Capsule
I'm conscious of only having one backup of my valuable files. I am thinking to use the Airport Time Capsule as my primary network storage location as well as a backup location for my Macs, but don't want to lose everything if it's HDD fails.
Can you backup the Airport Time Capsule (ATC) to an external USB HDD/SSD and can this be scheduled? How?
Can you recover the ATC from the external USB HDD/SSD if the internal ATC drive fails? How?
- Asked by Beau F from Mudgeeraba
- Flag as inappropriate (Backup and Restore or Airport Time Capsule)
1 Answer from the Community
I travel, have Time Machine running backups to; 2 ATC's in different locations, 1 USB HDD in third location, 1 USB HDD travels with me. Easily sets up in Time Machine. Yes I have lost all data while traveling.
- Answered by Edward B from Saint Augustine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use Thunderbolt to Gigabit ethernet adapter for backup in my time capsule?
- Asked by Sebastiano L from Bergamo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Thunderbolt to Gigabit ethernet adapter for backup in my time capsule?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…