Can the hard-drive do double-duty doing TimeMachine back-ups of my computers and also store lots of files to free up hard disk space on my laptop?
I bought the 3TB model so I could wirelessly back up my computers, but I need to know if the same hard drive can do double-duty as a TimeMachine back-up system AND networkable storage for files that can be accessed by each of my computers on the network. I want to free up space on my laptop but I don't want to lose the files. I would like to know if the hard drive in the 3TB model will be usable for all the files from two notebooks and one desktop, and still store additional files that may be accessed by each of my computers from time to time?
1 Answer from the Community
I do exactly that...
I have created a movies directory and copied all videos onto it. That directory is visible to all computers.
I also backup 2 macbooks to the same drive.
- Answered by David R from London
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect my IPhone to an external hard drive with this adapter, and transfer photos to free up some space?
- Asked by Taufiq P from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my IPhone to an external hard drive with this adapter, and transfer photos to free up some space?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
How do I free up my storage? I deleted all my pictures but nothing changed.
- Asked by Grace P from Farmington
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I free up my storage? I deleted all my pictures but nothing changed.)
- Asked about: Mac
Does it have the capability to back up via time machine for Mac and separate multimedia files simultaneously?
- Asked by Guillermo L from Napa
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have the capability to back up via time machine for Mac and separate multimedia files simultaneously?)
- Asked about: G-Technology 4TB G-DRIVE USB-C Exte…