Can the time capsule HD be partitioned
Can I partition the time capsule hard drive so I can use one partition for time machine backups and another for separate data storage?
- Asked by Neil S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the time capsule HD be partitioned)
1 Answer from the Community
There is a login through connected network drives. So you'll see the time capsule in the sidebar, and click it. It will save whatever password into the keychain you want for drive access. Click the folder and you have a huge drive to use. It doesn't search in the finder. However, you know it's there and can go in and out. It auto separates the backups into archives so you never see them except that compressed file module.
One thing I found out, is if you click those you can see all the archives by date, and it's an alternate method of digging into the file drawers and find files, rather than searching through the enter time machine mode. This is handy if you have other non connected machines, and want a file out of there and just can dig around for it without having to go to that machine. You don't have to put it back together at all. It's magic, it just goes back to archive mode itself. The best part of having one I find, is the external drive access separate from the backups.
- Answered by Jennafer Y from Kayenta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can you partition the hard drive on time cap ?
- Asked by Mark L from Sycamore
- Flag as inappropriate (can you partition the hard drive on time cap ?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
Is there a way to partition this disk into two separate ones
- Asked by Joel T from Folsom
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to partition this disk into two separate ones)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Rugged USB-C + USB 3.0 Po…