Compatible with iMac 3.4ghz
I have a late 2013 iMac using OS X 9.5. This is a second computer not my main one which is a PC so I am rusty on mac utilities and hard drives, etc.. Use for editing movies. My 1T start up disk is full. Not sure I know how to use Time Machine - I need extra storage. Is this compatible and do I need anything else? Is it intuitive to use? I want to remove the stored videos and projects off my computer and store on this Time Capsule.
- Asked by Michele W from Lewes
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with iMac 3.4ghz)
1 Answer from the Community
You will need an Apple product with the correct specs. to set up the Time Capsule. There's an app for if you own an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. I'm not sure you can do it from your Windows pc also but you will need to download drivers etc. Once you have it up and running you can use it as an network hard drive. Everything is very simple and intuitive if done from a Mac (but with OS X 10.7.5) the specs. are:
Setup and Administration
Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later and AirPort Utility 6.3
iOS device with iOS 6 or later and AirPort Utility 1.3
- Answered by Urban A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What's the compatibility with an iMac?
- Asked by Mr Michael Peter B F
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the compatibility with an iMac?)
- Asked about: AirPods
Is it compatible with other iMac computers?
- Asked by Chenhan S
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with other iMac computers?)
- Asked about: VESA Mount Adapter Kit for iMac Pro…
Is this controller compatible with iMac computers?
- Asked by Daniel P from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this controller compatible with iMac computers?)
- Asked about: HORIPAD ULTIMATE Wireless Game Cont…