Why there is no mention of backup for Windows in the new version/model?
1 Answer from the Community
The time capsule does not officially support windows backup, although that is not always clear in the descriptions. The time capsule is formatted in such a way that both windows and Mac can access the hard drive over a network. When I was on windows vista it backed up perfectly, however windows 7 removed the ability to network backup. I have not since been able to find a program that will allow me to back up.
I now only back up the macs in the house and update any new photos/ videos on the time capsule. I use Dropbox for our documents, and so I have avoided needing to back up windows, which is generally quite a clunky experience anyway.
Hope this helps! Any questions feel free to ask
- Answered by Thomas A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this new product compatible to Windows 10?
- Asked by Joanna C from Burnaby
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this new product compatible to Windows 10?)
- Asked about: Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition Grap…
No answers yet
Can the new headphones be used with other devices such as a windows laptop
- Asked by Kathryn G from Cloverdale
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new headphones be used with other devices such as a windows laptop)
- Asked about: AirPods