can i use TC as external wireless media source library for two Macs, and attach the ioSafe Fire/Waterproof HD via USB to use as TM?
Hello, thinking of getting the ioSafe Fireproof/waterproof HD, and am wondering the following:
- Basic sharing: can I wirelessly connect two Macs to TC via WiFi, and point all media directories to it as my source library? I'm able to connect everything to the drive and see the file structure, but can't figure how to utilize as my source library. The TC is the primary router for the household with about 12 devices using it (not simultaneously)
- can I do the above, and attach the ioSafe via USB to the TC, and use the ioSafe as the Time Capsule?
My hunch is I can, but I seem to be hitting various issues and I simply can't coherently connect the dots, so am hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance!!
(not asking for someone to explain step-by-step: that would be AWESOME, but also would be great to get something like " 1. yes, 2. no" and I'll do the research myself)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
The USB connects to any Macintosh, correct?
- Asked by Claude R from Cambridge
- Flag as inappropriate (The USB connects to any Macintosh, correct?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
No answers yet
is this dock bootable? Can i boot my mac pro via external hd?
- Asked by Adam M from Miranda
- Flag as inappropriate (is this dock bootable? Can i boot my mac pro via external hd?)
- Asked about: Elgato Thunderbolt 2 Dock
If I attach a large (3T) external drive, partitioned as 3 drives) via USB, will it backup multiple computers on the network using Time Machine?
- Asked by Forrest J from Ankeny
- Flag as inappropriate (If I attach a large (3T) external drive, partitioned as 3 drives) via USB, will it backup multiple computers on the network using Time Machine?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme