What type of hard drive is in AirPort Time Capsule, i.e. is it just a retail type HDD or is it "enterprise" standard that can withstand 24/7 uptime?
Can the HDD within the unit withstand virtually permanent uptime as would be associated with a router. Enterprise quality drives should be able to cope but from experience, non-enterprise HDDs are not designed to be on 24/7. Non-enterprise would be found in laptops, for example – which are not expected to be live 24/7.
1 Answer from the Community
The drive in the Airport is supported by Apple under warranty. If it dies under warranty they will replace it. They recently replaced all the 3TB drives in run of Timecapsules because of early failure issues. They seem to be able to do warranty work responsibly base on my experiences. You can, and should plan on attaching a second USB HDD to your time capsule and also backing up to that disk as well so that you have multiple backups.
- Answered by Gregg W from Tulsa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the Adapter Kit have a plug that supports the French standard? The "Type C" Europlug or the "Type E" and "Type F" Schuko?
- Asked by David M from Sun Lakes
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Adapter Kit have a plug that supports the French standard? The "Type C" Europlug or the "Type E" and "Type F" Schuko?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
MacBook and iMac -- need a disc drive for each computer?
- Asked by Carol M from Lincoln
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook and iMac -- need a disc drive for each computer?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
What types of things can I plug into the iPad Pro (12.9") with this adapter?
- Asked by Steven T from Cuyahoga Falls
- Flag as inappropriate (What types of things can I plug into the iPad Pro (12.9") with this adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter