Can AirPort Extreme back up a USB attached disk (storage) to a second USB attached disk (backup) using Time Machine?
I'm running Mavericks Server on a MacBook Pro and an older AirPort Extreme. Before purchasing the latest AirPort (for the purpose of networked backups) I want to confirm this is possible.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. I do exactly what you're describing. I have my iTunes library stored on a separate drive attached via USB, and Time Machine backs all of it up without you having to tell it to (meaning that's the default condition; you actually have to go into Settings and tell Time Machine *not to* back up attached drives). So you're good to go.
- Answered by Kurt W. Y from Irvine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can Time Machine backup to multiple disk on a daliy rotation?
- Asked by Peter H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Time Machine backup to multiple disk on a daliy rotation?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Can I back up an externally connected disk?
- Asked by Sajid A from Fulton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up an externally connected disk?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB