Can the new (or older) Airport Extreme support bandwith throttling for uploads on an IP address that it has assigned?
For example: when I upload to Vimeo, my entire network access goes down because it kills the internet connection for the rest of my devices on my network. My cable modem and plan can upload at 5 mbits (600 kybtes) up and for whatever reason the router can't handle that much going up while handing downloads (coming in) for other devices so everything goes down to a crawl.
1 Answer from the Community
Short Answer no.
For this you will need a DDRT capable Router made by another company.
The Airport Extreme does not do QOS, or Quality of Service, routing
which is what you are describing.
- Answered by Terry J from Oklahoma City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it support DHCP reservation?
- Asked by Alexandru R from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support DHCP reservation?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Can I use my nano 7th generation with my ihome ip45?
- Asked by Elizabeth B from Des Plaines
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my nano 7th generation with my ihome ip45?)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter