I have a fax/scanner/ copier that has a set IP address. When I install the AirPort Extreme will it assign the same IP address to this machine
1 Answer from the Community
The Airport Extreme will read the device's set IP address and recognize it, but to
insure that it will always recognize it, you will need to program the Static IP address
into the Airport Extreme's Routing Tab, under IP Reservations.
Simply create a new one, and set the IP to what you need it to be, and then set the MAC address
( the address of the onboard NIC) and then save the information. The Airport Extreme
will right it to its internal ROM and remember it from then on.
- Answered by Terry J from Oklahoma City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this have the option to forward ports and reserve local IP addresses so that my ip cameras will continue to work?
- Asked by Saqib H
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this have the option to forward ports and reserve local IP addresses so that my ip cameras will continue to work?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Does it support DHCP reservation?
- Asked by Alexandru R from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support DHCP reservation?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB