Can you charge the Macbook using this adapter and a typical USB2 cable attached to a power plug?
1 Answer from the Community
No. For one thing, according to Apple's Tech Specs, the power input required to charge a MacBook is 29W, which exceeds the power output of any Apple USB AC power adapter other than the provided USB-C version. Connecting the Mac to a non-Apple AC adapter is not recommended.
- Answered by Christopher S from Pflugerville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
iPod Dock Connector to USB 2.0 + Firewall Cable
- Asked by David B
- Flag as inappropriate (iPod Dock Connector to USB 2.0 + Firewall Cable)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
No answers yet
Can this be used on a PowerBook G4?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Farmington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used on a PowerBook G4?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter