Is USB-C and USB 3 the same connection?
- Asked by Ben C from San Bernardino
- Flag as inappropriate (Is USB-C and USB 3 the same connection?)
1 Answer from the Community
No (and yes). it's Apples and Oranges. USB-C (more accurately, USB Type C connector) is the plug type (just as USB Type A is the standard plug type most people are familiar with). USB-3 is a standard defining a bandwidth, power supply, protocol. So you can find the USB-3 standard on USB-C and USB-A connectors. Caution: not all USB-C cables support the USB-3 standard; for instance, the Apple USB-C power cable actually only supports the USB-2 standard. I am trying to determine what standard the USB-C to USB-A adaptor sold by Apple supports. When I find out I will be sure to let you know.
- Answered by Duane M from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is it possible to use the Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C connection simultaneously?
- Asked by Benjamin S from Winter Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use the Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C connection simultaneously?)
- Asked about: LaCie 8TB d2 Thunderbolt 3 Desktop …
Can you connect both the power and USB (USB-C and USB 3.1) at the same time?
- Asked by Rich C from Poway
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect both the power and USB (USB-C and USB 3.1) at the same time?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter