Will it fast charge my iphone 8?
I plugged the usbc to usb adapter to my 61W charger then I plugged in the usb to lighting cable to my iphone 8, i noticed that it is charging faster than the charger that came in the box with the iphone 8, is it fast charging? Does usb c to usb adapter allow fast charging?
- Asked by fn from United Arab Emirates
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it fast charge my iphone 8?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes and no. So there are really 4 different levels of charging supported by iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X. The included 5W power adapter in the box, up to 7.5W with wireless charging, up to 12W with an iPad or larger charger, and then the fastest charging using a USB-C adapter. The cable used also affects the charge rate. A lightning to usb cable that is plugged into and USB to USB-C adapter, plugged into a USB-C power adapter as you have described will only charge at up to 12W because of the actual cable. If you want to achieve the fastest possible charging speed you'll have to purchase a USB-C to lightning cable.
- Answered by Giovanni C from Palm Bay
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this Dock support fast-charging for iPhone 8/8 Plus?
- Asked by Nestor F from Boston
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this Dock support fast-charging for iPhone 8/8 Plus?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - Space Grey
Does using an iPad charger activate Fast Charging on iPhone X and iPhone 8?
- Asked by Octavian C
- Flag as inappropriate (Does using an iPad charger activate Fast Charging on iPhone X and iPhone 8?)
- Asked about: iPhone