Do we have to buy the new adapter for iPhone compatibility, or will the old one work with the iOS 9.2 update?
1 Answer from the Community
The original lightning to SD adapter will work fine with iPhones running iOS 9.2 or newer.
The only benefit to buying the newer SD adapter is if you have an iPad Pro. The iPad Pro models have higher (USB 3-like) transfer speeds that the older SD adapter does not support. If all you're transferring is photos, the older adapter is fine.
- Answered by Steven M from North Plainfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with the Digital AV Adapter for the iPhone 4/iPad 3? (The one with HDMI Out)
- Asked by Zirak A C from Brampton
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the Digital AV Adapter for the iPhone 4/iPad 3? (The one with HDMI Out))
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter