I have a severe natural rubber latex allergy. Is there any part of the Apple Pencil (like the tip) that contains natural latex rubber?
Synthetic rubber is fine. Just natural latex rubber is a problem.
2 Answers from the Community
I am extremely allergic to latex and I have the pencil and I have had no reaction. It's not rubbery at all. It's a hard matte plasticy material. Also, I have no reaction to the earbuds, but I did have a reaction to some "apple" earbuds I purchased on eBay NOT from an authorized seller. They turned out to be counterfeit. This was before I knew that only official apple resellers can sell apple products and only at prices approved by apple, so if the price is significantly lower than apple's $30 price, they are probably fakes. The fakes sounded horrible too. The cable had latex and caused a horrible rash on my face.
Also, I just got off the phone with apple and the smart keyboard for the iPad pro is also latex free. Great news! :) It does have a mild chemically smell though. I'm hoping that will dissipate.
- Answered by Jennifer N S from Union
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I purchased one anyway as I was pretty sure after reading up that Apple tries to use synthetic materials. No rubber grip, the tip is hard plastic, and I've had no problems with it.
- Answered by Suzanne W from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the Belkin boost up wireless charging pad contain latex?
- Asked by Terry P from Manhattan
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Belkin boost up wireless charging pad contain latex?)
- Asked about: Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging P…
With this filter, is the use of a stylus or Apple Pencil easy (one touch/tap)? Or are multiple touch/taps needed?
- Asked by Mahealani B from Honolulu
- Flag as inappropriate (With this filter, is the use of a stylus or Apple Pencil easy (one touch/tap)? Or are multiple touch/taps needed?)
- Asked about: 3M Privacy Filter for 9.7-inch iPad…