what apps support the pencil now? I just bought the iPad Pro and haven't found one yet. Notes does not seem to support it..
Is there switch somewhere that makes the pencil start being useful?
7 Answers from the Community
The app Procreate works very well with an Apple Pencil. The base app is free right now, but as the iPad Pro comes into its own I don't expect for it to remain so.
- Answered by George C from Port Orchard
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
pigment is a great coloring app that will help you master the pencil. notes will be updated when IOS 11 comes out in the fall....
hope this helps
- Answered by Marsha S from Marietta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You can use Apple Pencil with every app on your iPad... it is like any other stylus in that way... however, drawing apps, notes apps, anything Adobe, Afinity Photo is where it really shines. If your Pencil is not working try removing the tip then put it back on and connect the lightning connector to the port on your iPad Pro. Also, make sure Bluetooth is turned on in Settings.
- Answered by Andrew B from Springfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I love MyScript Nebo for taking notes, haven't gotten to the drawing apps yet. Pages etc will also soon support the pencil. Notes supports it now.
- Answered by Nicola P from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Did you plug the Apple pencil to the iPad through the lightning connector because the notes app does support it. so try that
- Answered by Johnny M from Coventry
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Broader support will come with iOS11. Go to Apple's website and see the promo cli and check out the keynore presentation for a more extensive overview..
- Answered by Laurence F from St Agnes
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
It works really well with Notability. Notability is a great note taking ap, you can download PDFs or take pictures and then add your own handwritten or typed notes. Great for taking notes in class, because everything is integrated. It was a bit awkward taking handwritten notes using my finger, but with the pencil, I have the same quality of notes as in a paper notebook!
- Answered by Becca H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Do I need an APP to use my iPad Pro Pencil? I'm new to everything and just figured I could open "notes" and just start writing.
- Asked by Demitrius Q from Waco
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need an APP to use my iPad Pro Pencil? I'm new to everything and just figured I could open "notes" and just start writing.)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil Case - Black
is it compatible with the iPad pro pencil??
- Asked by Manal A from Egypt
- Flag as inappropriate (is it compatible with the iPad pro pencil??)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - Space Grey
Does the iPad mini support PowerPoint
- Asked by Hector M from Celebration
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the iPad mini support PowerPoint)
- Asked about: iPad