Can I use two of these lightning to USB3 Adaptors to connect my Camera and an external hard drive. Working with RAW files requires a lot of space.
If I use 2 of these lightning to USB 3 adaptors piggybacked/plugged into the other and then into the iPad, can I plug my camera into the first USB slot and an external hard drive into the other USB port on the second adaptor? will I be able to access the hard drive this way from my iPad in order to transfer photos to and from the hard drive to the iPad?
Willing to buy 2 of them if this works, or just a Lightning to USB adaptor.
1 Answer from the Community
You can't daisy chain adapters. Your device will only use the adapter that is plugged directly into your device. The second adapter will only pass power. The USB port on it will be inactive. You can, however connect a hub to the adapter and use more than one USB device. iOS does not yet allow you to transfer files or browse files on an external hard drive, so you won't be able to use your hard drive in this way. So far it only allows you to import photos or videos from external drives (that have a folder on it for photos that has been produced by a camera) or cameras.
- Answered by Dillon A from Cumberland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the hard-drive do double-duty doing TimeMachine back-ups of my computers and also store lots of files to free up hard disk space on my laptop?
- Asked by Barry L from Deerfield Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the hard-drive do double-duty doing TimeMachine back-ups of my computers and also store lots of files to free up hard disk space on my laptop?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
For USB 3.0 connection to a Macbook Air, will one single USB connection be able to provide enough power to power on and use this drive?
- Asked by Simon C from Thornhill
- Flag as inappropriate (For USB 3.0 connection to a Macbook Air, will one single USB connection be able to provide enough power to power on and use this drive?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Rugged Hard Drive Triple …