Does this cable ground itself?
Sure this cable has three prongs but that doesn't mean the grounding goes "all the way through". A number of cables (including ones Apple has made in the past) still caused the laptops to "tingle" as the cables weren't grounded at all.
I'm told there should be a sliver of metal inside the cable "head" that slides onto the metal stud inside the "block" that allows the grounding "charge" to be discharged from the laptop into the wall but not all cables have this. The picture here on this product also isn't clear enough to show if said cable "head" has said metal "bits" (gotta love terminology).
Can anyone confirm if this cable indeed allows discharge? Thanks :)
- Asked by fn from Kangaroo Point
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable ground itself?)
1 Answer from the Community
The one I currently have (which was admittedly purchased many years ago) is grounded.
- Answered by Katie M from San Rafael
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this shielded usb cable? I mean the grounded metal shielding that eliminates EMI.
- Asked by Yumeng C from College Park
- Jan. 29, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this shielded usb cable? I mean the grounded metal shielding that eliminates EMI.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Does the extension strip work by itself?
- Asked by Jasmine T from Fort Walton Beach
- Apr. 29, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the extension strip work by itself?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus Extensi…