Does this cable ground itself?
Sure this cable has three prongs but that doesn't mean the grounding goes "all the way through". A number of cables (including ones Apple has made in the past) still caused the laptops to "tingle" as the cables weren't grounded at all.
I'm told there should be a sliver of metal inside the cable "head" that slides onto the metal stud inside the "block" that allows the grounding "charge" to be discharged from the laptop into the wall but not all cables have this. The picture here on this product also isn't clear enough to show if said cable "head" has said metal "bits" (gotta love terminology).
Can anyone confirm if this cable indeed allows discharge? Thanks :)
- Asked by fn from Kangaroo Point
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable ground itself?)
1 Answer from the Community
The one I currently have (which was admittedly purchased many years ago) is grounded.
- Answered by Katie M from San Rafael
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this adhere to the iPad itself?
- Asked by Patrick O from Chicago
- Jun. 5, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adhere to the iPad itself?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil Case - Saddle Brown
Does the extension strip work by itself?
- Asked by Jasmine T from Fort Walton Beach
- Apr. 29, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the extension strip work by itself?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus Extensi…
Is this adapter grounded/earthed?
- Asked by Omar B from Irvine
- Aug. 14, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this adapter grounded/earthed?)
- Asked about: Apple 5W USB Power Adapter