Does this cable ground itself?
Sure this cable has three prongs but that doesn't mean the grounding goes "all the way through". A number of cables (including ones Apple has made in the past) still caused the laptops to "tingle" as the cables weren't grounded at all. I'm told there should be a sliver of metal inside the cable "head" that slides onto the metal stud inside the "block" that allows the grounding "charge" to be discharged from the laptop into the wall but not all cables have this. The picture here on this product also isn't clear enough to show if said cable "head" has said metal "bits" (gotta love terminology). Can anyone confirm if this cable indeed allows discharge? Thanks :)
- Asked by Luke F from Kangaroo Point
- Flag as inappropriate Does this cable ground itself?
2 Answers from the Community
My extension cable definitely has a path from the plug prong to the block sleeve that slides over the pin on the supply. Can't speak for all such cords, but mine is an authentic Apple product.
- Answered by Clay P from Fort Payne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The one I currently have (which was admittedly purchased many years ago) is grounded.
- Answered by Katie M from San Rafael
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this adhere to the iPad itself?
- Asked by Patrick O from Chicago
- Jun. 5, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Does this adhere to the iPad itself?
Is this adapter grounded/earthed?
- Asked by Omar B from Irvine
- Aug. 14, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Is this adapter grounded/earthed?
Do these heads have connections to the ground?
- Asked by Leo Liuhao W from 武汉
- Jan. 23, 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Do these heads have connections to the ground?
No answers yet