Can the iPhone lightning dock be used if your iPhone has a thicker phone case, for example Otterbox cases, or just thin silicon cases?
1 Answer from the Community
I have found that many slim cases even have trouble charging with this dock so I imagine that thicker one will have issues. If your case allows full access to the bottom of the phone, then it'll be fine, but if it has a cutout for the lightning cable, you might want to go in a store first to check it out, or assume that if it's anything heavy duty, it won't work.
- Answered by Tim B from North Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will it work on phone with otterbox defender case
- Asked by Debbie S from Fuquay-varina
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work on phone with otterbox defender case)
- Asked about: Belkin Valet Charge Dock for Apple …
Will the phone fit in the lightning dock while in this case?
- Asked by Peter K from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the phone fit in the lightning dock while in this case?)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 Plus / 6s Plus Silicone Ca…
Does this case allow you to use the lightning dock?
- Asked by Dana J from Marion
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case allow you to use the lightning dock?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Evo Elite Case for iPhone 8 …