Can you connect the keyboard to multiple devices at the same time eg MacBook, iPad and iPhone in the same way as the Logitech Multidevice keyboard?
2 Answers from the Community
No, the Magic Keyboard is really only to be used with one device at a time. I have managed to set it up across native Bootcamp Windows and macOS without repairing on every reboot, but with other devices, one would have to re-pair on each device switch.
- Answered by Jannis M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Switching between an iPad and a MacBook Pro would require re-pairing. Some keyboards and mice on the market do offer this feature for folks who actively work on multiple devices, eg Mx keys.
- Answered by Vlad R from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is this just for MacBooks or does it work on other devices such as iPhones and iPads?
- Asked by Laine C from Woodford
- Apr. 16, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Is this just for MacBooks or does it work on other devices such as iPhones and iPads?
Can I use this keyboard with my iPhone or iPad Mini as well as my Mac?
- Asked by Charles F
- Jan. 30, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this keyboard with my iPhone or iPad Mini as well as my Mac?