Am i needed to keep the casing with me all the time or can i just pick and AirPod put it in my ear and leave the case behind? Is it needed?
Does the casing acts as a middle point and transmits recieved bluetooth to AirPods via radio frequency or does the AirPods themselves connect to iPhone etc. and the casing is just for charging?
3 Answers from the Community
The case only charges the AirPods, it doesn't have any innate wireless tech. You can only see the case's battery level in the Control Center if one or both AirPods are inside the case. So feel free to leave the case behind and just carry the AirPods, I do.
- Answered by Joseph W from South Riding
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Here is a better answer - it came from Apple's on-line description of the AirPods
Driven by the custom Apple W1 chip, AirPods use optical sensors and a motion accelerometer to detect when they’re in your ears. Whether you’re using both AirPods or just one, the W1 chip automatically routes the audio and engages the microphone. And when you’re on a call or talking to Siri, an additional accelerometer works with beamforming microphones to filter out background noise and focus on the sound of your voice. Because the ultralow-power W1 chip manages battery life so well, AirPods deliver an industry-leading 5 hours of listening time on one charge.(2) And they’re made to keep up with you, thanks to a charging case that holds multiple additional charges for more than 24 hours of listening time.(3) Need a quick charge? Just 15 minutes in the case gives you 3 hours of listening time.(4)
- Answered by Charles M from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, you don't need the case to be around in order to keep your AirPods connected to a device.
- Answered by Gonçalo M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can you leave your iPhone in its case or does it need to be removed? Thank you!
- Asked by Ashley S from Gretna
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you leave your iPhone in its case or does it need to be removed? Thank you!)
- Asked about: Belkin Car Cup Holder Mount for iPh…
will the new MBPr still fit into the macbook Arc stand with this case on or will i need to take it off each time i put my mac away?
- Asked by Stacey T
- Flag as inappropriate (will the new MBPr still fit into the macbook Arc stand with this case on or will i need to take it off each time i put my mac away?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Impact Snap Case for 13-inch…
Can you put this on an iPhone with a case on it?
- Asked by Sara H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you put this on an iPhone with a case on it?)
- Asked about: olloclip Active Lens for iPhone