Can I daisy chain two Thunderbolt displays to the MacBook Pro using the USB-C Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter? MBP->Adapter->TBD-(chain)->TBD?
Does the new USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter allow this chaining? My old MBP is connected to two Thunderbolt Displays in a daisy chain like this, and I want to continue the same approach
2 Answers from the Community
Confirming (I bought the adapter and tried it) this indeed works
- Answered by Richard J from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can connect two 27" Thunderbolt displays to a 15" MBP using this cable. MBP->Adapter->Display->Display.
- Answered by James D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter to daisy chain a FW 800 External HD to a Thunderbolt External HD?
- Asked by Robert P from San Anselmo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter to daisy chain a FW 800 External HD to a Thunderbolt External HD?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Can this adapter be daisy chained?
- Asked by Ira S from Tucson
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be daisy chained?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
No answers yet