Can this adapter be used on my MacBook with USB-C?nullSpecifically, can it be used to connect my MacBook to my Apple Cinema Display?
1 Answer from the Community
The Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter is only for Thunderbolt devices.
The MacBook Pro has Thunderbolt but the MacBook does not.
Also, the Thunderbolt adapter does not pass DisplayPort signals. The Apple Cinema Display is a DisplayPort monitor (mini DisplayPort), so you need a USB-C to mini DisplayPort adapter (and a mini DisplayPort cable if the mini DisplayPort connector is female). Or you could use a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter and a DisplayPort to mini DisplayPort cable.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Where can I purchase a DVI adapter that will connect my MacBook Pro to an older Apple HD 23" Cinema that uses the Cinema Display 90W Power Adapter?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I purchase a DVI adapter that will connect my MacBook Pro to an older Apple HD 23" Cinema that uses the Cinema Display 90W Power Adapter?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?
- Asked by Adam P from Beverly
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…