Can this adapter be used on my MacBook with USB-C?nullSpecifically, can it be used to connect my MacBook to my Apple Cinema Display?
1 Answer from the Community
The Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter is only for Thunderbolt devices.
The MacBook Pro has Thunderbolt but the MacBook does not.
Also, the Thunderbolt adapter does not pass DisplayPort signals. The Apple Cinema Display is a DisplayPort monitor (mini DisplayPort), so you need a USB-C to mini DisplayPort adapter (and a mini DisplayPort cable if the mini DisplayPort connector is female). Or you could use a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter and a DisplayPort to mini DisplayPort cable.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I use this with MacBook Air?
- Asked by Leonor B from Bacolod
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this with MacBook Air?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet
Can I use the USB-C to USB adapter to transfer data from my old MacBook Air to my new Macbook.
- Asked by Andrew B from Colorado Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the USB-C to USB adapter to transfer data from my old MacBook Air to my new Macbook.)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
Will this adapter allow me to connect my new 2015 MacBook to my also new Thunderbolt cinema display?
- Asked by Katie B from Louisville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow me to connect my new 2015 MacBook to my also new Thunderbolt cinema display?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter