I need to connect my new mac book pro (purchased in 2016) directly to ethernet. Do I use the Thunderbolt 3 USB C adapter to do that?
1 Answer from the Community
1) Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (cheapest, most portable)
2) Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and a Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
3) A Thunderbolt 3 dock (available soon?) (many more ports, less portable)
4) Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and a Thunderbolt 2 dock
I don't know if you'll notice a difference between having the Ethernet come through USB or Thunderbolt.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?
- Asked by Robin N from Jacksonville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
is there a lightning to usb-c adaptor?
- Asked by Doris B from Vernon
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a lightning to usb-c adaptor?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
No answers yet