If you use this adaptor to connect to a thunderbolt display, will the single USB-C to Thunderbolt connection both charge and display the laptop?
3 Answers from the Community
No. The Thunderbolt display provides power via a MagSafe connector; this adapter does not have a MagSafe connector, and there is currently no way to get one on the new MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. You can connect a Thunderbolt display, but the display will not power the laptop.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Jesse S from Alpharetta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
connect this to thunderbolt display
- Asked by Dewey N from Dunedin
- Flag as inappropriate (connect this to thunderbolt display)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Will this work on the USB C - 2015 MacBook?
- Asked by Mark P from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on the USB C - 2015 MacBook?)
- Asked about: Elgato Thunderbolt 2 Dock