TB3 peripheral (AKiTiO Thunder3 Quad Mini) with 2013 iMac 27 TB1?
Can this adapter be used do add this Akitio peripheral (4bay ssd) to a 2013 iMac 27 i7 which has TB1? port. I know the speed will be limited, but I am assuming the iMac will be upgraded before the drive bays.
- Asked by Tim R from Seaforth
- Flag as inappropriate TB3 peripheral (AKiTiO Thunder3 Quad Mini) with 2013 iMac 27 TB1?
2 Answers from the Community
It should work. The AKiTiO Thunder3 Quad Mini is macOS compatible. The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter allows connecting Thunderbolt 2 devices to Thunderbolt 3 computers. It also allows connecting Thunderbolt 3 devices to Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 1 computers. You should be running macOS Sierra or later (the AKiTiO says 10.12.3 and later).
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Just tried to connect a 2015 5K iMac with TB2 to a Lacie USB-c/TB3 hard drive using this adapter and it did not work. The drive works with a USB-c to USB3 cable so it seems that not all peripherals will work with this adapter on older iMacs.
- Answered by Michael P from Beacon Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i used on iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)?
- Asked by Amando F from Bronx
- Apr. 9, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate can i used on iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)?
No answers yet
Can I connect a TB3 hub (like CalDigit USB-C Pro Dock) to the second TB3 port. While plugging in my 2017 Macbook Pro 13" to the other TB3 port?
- Asked by Yaziel V from King George
- Apr. 15, 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can I connect a TB3 hub (like CalDigit USB-C Pro Dock) to the second TB3 port. While plugging in my 2017 Macbook Pro 13" to the other TB3 port?
Can I use this with an iMac Late 2013
- Asked by Rodney O from Deerwood
- Jan. 29, 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this with an iMac Late 2013