Will this also deliver power from an Apple thunderbolt display?
...and would that be sufficient to charge the MBP?
1 Answer from the Community
No, the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter does not pass power to charge the MacBook Pro.
Read Apple support document HT207266 "Connect devices and displays with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter".
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with an Apple Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Evan W from Plymouth
- Apr. 5, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an Apple Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: VESA Mount Adapter Kit for iMac Pro…
Is the USB C in also Thunderbolt 3 in?
- Asked by Daniel S from Brooklyn
- Apr. 4, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the USB C in also Thunderbolt 3 in?)
- Asked about: Moshi USB-C to DisplayPort Cable
Can this be used with the older Apple Thunderbolt Display with an adapter?
- Asked by Abhaya K from Toronto
- Jul. 12, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with the older Apple Thunderbolt Display with an adapter?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU