Can I use this as a remote on a Macbook Air for Netflix, Amazon Prime Video or an external DVD drive?
I'm a teacher. When I'm showing a video, my Macbook Air is hooked up the projector at the front of my classroom. I am generally sitting at my desk, which is about 12-15 feet away from the computer/projector. I would like to be able to stop a video from my desk (rewind, etc), rather than get up and walk to the laptop each time I want to stop the video. I show videos on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and on an external DVD drive. Ultimately, I'd like something that has a laser pointer, too (and is rechargeable). But that I might have to buy separately. I use the laser pointer for my periodic table at the front of the room as I'm teaching, so the spotlight presenter doesn't help me because that only works on the screen - not anywhere else in the room.
- Asked by Carrie H from New Milford
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this as a remote on a Macbook Air for Netflix, Amazon Prime Video or an external DVD drive?)
1 Answer from the Community
Sadly no, If you have an Apple TV in your classroom, you can use this remote to control Netflix and Prime video, but not for showing the external DVD. With the Apple TV, you could mirror your MacBook Air to the Apple TV and sit with your computer at your desk, or at a student desk, and broadcast to the projector, eliminating the need to sit by the projector. I hope this helped.
- Answered by Cameron F from Nashville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how do i play blu ray dvd on my macbook air with an external super drive
- Asked by Phillip M from Lexington
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i play blu ray dvd on my macbook air with an external super drive)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Does this adapter work with Netflix on the iphone6?
- Asked by Jacob H from Napa
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work with Netflix on the iphone6?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter