Will this charger safely charge an iPhone 6 - or do I need the 5w version also ( I’ve go the USB-C to USB Apple converter )
Safe to charge iPhone 6
2 Answers from the Community
As the iPhone 6 is not able to take advantage of the fast charging feature, you would be wasting money buying this. iPhone 8 and all subsequent models are able to take advantage of this feature would benefit using this to charge. You could use an iPad charger if you have one, and it would charge it slightly faster, but not by much margin. I only am saying this if you have that type of charger already. If not, just stick to your 5W Apple white cube that came with your iPhone 6 or use any 3rd party cube just like that one. Hope this helps. :)
- Answered by Kody R from Lakewood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes it should, the phone will only draw what it needs / capable of. It will not charge the iPhone 6 any faster.
- Answered by Barry B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will 30W USB-C Adapter (w/USB-C to Lightning Cable) SAFELY Charge older iPhones and/or iPads?
- Asked by Barry C from Grand Rapids
- Oct. 19, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will 30W USB-C Adapter (w/USB-C to Lightning Cable) SAFELY Charge older iPhones and/or iPads?)
- Asked about: 30W USB-C Power Adapter
Will this work for the 87W USB-C chargers as well?
- Asked by Jordan S from Battle Creek
- Feb. 18, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work for the 87W USB-C chargers as well?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable