Similar questions from the community
Does anybody know what the power consumption of the new Airport Express is?
The 1st generation draws only 2 watts. An Airport Extreme is about 7 w.
- Asked by George S from Torrance
- Flag as inappropriate (Does anybody know what the power consumption of the new Airport Express is?)
What is the apple airport express
I really would like to know what u have to do to set up create a new wireless thing
- Asked by Julian C from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the apple airport express)
No answers yet
what does the airport express do I want to know?
I might get one but I dont know what it does so that is why I asked this quetion
- Asked by Nicholas G from Wintergarden
- Flag as inappropriate (what does the airport express do I want to know?)
Does the USB port power third party peripherals?
I wish to use the airport express to stream (airplay) music to a hi-fi system.
In order to connect the airport express (digital optical out) to the amp (analogue RCA phono) I will need to use a digital to analogue converter.
The majority of these are mains powered but I am looking at a USB powered one and I need to know if the USB port on the airport express will be able to power a digital to analogue converter as it appears its main function is to connect to a printer.
- Asked by Steven H
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port power third party peripherals?)
Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?
I want to connect audio from a non-wifi unit to an airport express to broadcast that audio to another airport express for audio output to powered speakers.
If this can work, I want to know if I can have multiple receiving expresses.
If there is no way to input audio to the airport express, does anyone have a recommendation for a wifi audio transmitter that would be compatible with say two airport express units for a stereo signal?
- Asked by Ken W from Mesquite
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?)
Does anyone know if roaming/handover performance is improved on this new model?
The old Airport Express had a tendency to 'cling' to wireless clients, particularly iOS clients, when roaming between more than one Airport Express on a network. I've found other access points 'hand over' much better than the old Airport Express (such as the Ubiquiti Unifi) - does anyone know if this has been addressed on this new model?
- Asked by James R
- Flag as inappropriate (Does anyone know if roaming/handover performance is improved on this new model?)
can airport express connect to televsion with ethernet
My Samsung tv has an ethernet port, can I connect the tv to the new airport express?
- Asked by William K from Poland
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport express connect to televsion with ethernet)
what is the airport Express for ?
im going to buy an macbook air and i see the airport express so i want to know for what it is it for so i know if need it or not
- Asked by Sandra N from Tampa
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the airport Express for ?)
Will the AirPort Express work for 3ds' as well?
My Brother and I want to know if the wifi in the AirPort Express works for that as well.
- Asked by Lily I from Norristown
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort Express work for 3ds' as well?)
What is the power voltage range for the AirPort Express?
In my country we have 220V AC, usually all products can work with a 110-240 V AC, but this one, does not specify anything in the manual nor the product. Thanks
- Asked by Francisco E from Lima
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the power voltage range for the AirPort Express?)
Can the Airport Express Base Station with the IPhone 5
I have a new IPhone 5 and would like to know if this item is compatible or will work with the new IPhone 5 I just purchased? I don't always have WiFi access in my office at work so I'd like to stream Pandora internet radio to my IPhone5 so I can listen to it. Thanks.
- Asked by Norah S from Huntington Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express Base Station with the IPhone 5)
Does the new Airport Express output audio to 'non-powered' speakers? The product description says 'any connected speakers'
- Asked by Robert A from Colorado Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express output audio to 'non-powered' speakers? The product description says 'any connected speakers')
can I replace my old airport base station (from 7 years ago) with an airport express?
the new airport express looks like it could be a replacement for it from the specs, but I'm not sure what the difference between the two airport models are.
- Asked by Piangporn J from Pearl River
- Flag as inappropriate (can I replace my old airport base station (from 7 years ago) with an airport express?)
I have an old Airport Express A1084 from the year 2006,, it is compatible with the NEW Airport Express, can I extend my network using my old model?
Will airport express handle my 500mbps network?
I have a router at home that support and can transfer 500mbps and 1gbps.
I need a new router that transfers 500mbps.
Is the airport express handle it?
- Asked by Mohammed S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will airport express handle my 500mbps network?)
No answers yet
Can the new Airport Express Base Station extend the network from a new Airport Extreme Base Station AND use Airplay at the same time?
My old Airport Express cannot do both, you either have to set it up to create a network, join an existing network to extend it, or set it up for AirTunes. If the new one could do both, I'll buy it.
2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver
Can i make this configuration?
1. First Airport express connected to my dlink router via wan port.
2. Second airport express extending the First Express wifi network without ethernet cable.
3. Connect at the second airport express my denon receiver through it´s LAN port so i can manage my receiver with it´s own app.
4. Connect the first airport express with a stereo cable to a stereo receiver to airplay.
- Asked by Francisco M from Norden
- Flag as inappropriate (2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver)
No answers yet
Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?
I have a New Sony TV which has built in WiFi. Does the Airport extreme support streaming with this TV.
Have an older Airport Extreme, one band, 2ghz and it does not stream fast enough. Keeps loosing connection, has to stop and load the content.
Want to purchase a new Airport with 2 & 5 ghz speeds and dual bands, but only if it supports fast steamless streaming.
- Asked by Kathleen K from Charlevoix
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?)