Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Jun. 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...
Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?
Both iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011) come with single gigabit ethernet port. Is this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' able to add a secondary gigabit ethernet port/connection? If so, is it able to create "teamed connection" using the onboard gigabit ethernet port and this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter'?
- Asked by Anthony C
- Jan. 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?
Will this adapter support AVB?
- Asked by Richard S from Ridgecrest
- Apr. 20, 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Will this adapter support AVB?
No answers yet
can 2 Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapters be used for extending a thunderbolt connection
i have a late 2013 intel imac with a trashed screen. thanks to OWC's sub standard adhesive strips for the screen, mine fell out and its trashed. thankfully the motherboard connections are ok. i bought a thunderbolt display because i cant source an in stock replacement display panel. my table will not accommodate two 27" displays. i was wondering if anyone has tired using 2 of these with a cat 5 ethernet cable between them to basically make a long thunderbolt cable. considering the cost of a 10 meter fiber thunderbolt cable and their miserable longevity, it would be awesome if you could use 2 of these to accomplish the same thing. I would like to move my imac about 15' away and use this cable to connect to my thunderbolt display from the imac. anyone tried to use 2 of these for a purpose like that ?
- Asked by Joe H from Cocoa
- Dec. 16, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate can 2 Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapters be used for extending a thunderbolt connection
Will this work with mac book pro mid 2014?
- Asked by Michael O
- Mar. 13, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with mac book pro mid 2014?
No answers yet
Full gigabit speeds?
I just got CenturyLink Gigabit service, and the fastest speeds I can get ising this adapter is around 650Mbps down/800Mbs up. The CenturyLink installer says it's a limitation of my hardware, and that only fairly new machines will actually get the full 1000Mbs / 1000Mbs speeds. Mid-2012 MBP Retina, which has no ethernet so I'm using this adapter. Does anyone know if there are limits in the adapter, older Macs, or...? If I get a new MBP but it turns out it's the adapter that is chocking things, then I won't see any benefit on that front.
- Asked by Allen M from Bellingham
- May 24, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Full gigabit speeds?
No answers yet
I've purchased a LaCie Thunderbolt Series to store media files and hook it up to either the USB port on a WDTV or Apple TV - what adapters can I use?
Is it worth me connecting this adapter to my (unused) thunderbolt port on my current iMac to give me better speeds over my Cat6 Ethernet cable?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Jun. 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Is it worth me connecting this adapter to my (unused) thunderbolt port on my current iMac to give me better speeds over my Cat6 Ethernet cable?
Can the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter be daisy-chained to a mac (e.g. via the LG UltraFine 4K Display that has two Thunderbolt-3 ports)?
can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?
I have an 8TB G-Raid Studio drive that I'm trying to connect to my airport extreme via a thunderbolt to ethernet connector for media storage. My network is setup as follows 2TB Time Capsule --> 8 port gigabit network switch --> Airport Express x 2 & Airport Extreme. I have a buffalo linkstation connected to the TC for my work server. I wanted to use this raid drive for a media server. I have connected the raid drive to the Airport Extreme using the Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet connector but can't seem to have the drive recognized on the network... How can I fix this?
- Asked by Mujahid M from Upland
- Jun. 1, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?