Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Full gigabit speeds?
I just got CenturyLink Gigabit service, and the fastest speeds I can get ising this adapter is around 650Mbps down/800Mbs up. The CenturyLink installer says it's a limitation of my hardware, and that only fairly new machines will actually get the full 1000Mbs / 1000Mbs speeds. Mid-2012 MBP Retina, which has no ethernet so I'm using this adapter. Does anyone know if there are limits in the adapter, older Macs, or...? If I get a new MBP but it turns out it's the adapter that is chocking things, then I won't see any benefit on that front.
- Asked by Allen M from Bellingham
- May 24, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Full gigabit speeds?
No answers yet
When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Jun. 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...
Will this work with mac book pro mid 2014?
- Asked by Michael O
- Mar. 13, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with mac book pro mid 2014?
No answers yet
Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac
I've tried connecting direct from the airport time machine to the ethernet socket on my I Mac. I keep getting, no cable connection? I've also tried direct from the modem to the airport T M, Same result. I'm running out of options and need help
- Asked by Kenneth R
- Nov. 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac
Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?
Both iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011) come with single gigabit ethernet port. Is this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' able to add a secondary gigabit ethernet port/connection? If so, is it able to create "teamed connection" using the onboard gigabit ethernet port and this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter'?
- Asked by Anthony C
- Jan. 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?
can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?
I have an 8TB G-Raid Studio drive that I'm trying to connect to my airport extreme via a thunderbolt to ethernet connector for media storage. My network is setup as follows 2TB Time Capsule --> 8 port gigabit network switch --> Airport Express x 2 & Airport Extreme. I have a buffalo linkstation connected to the TC for my work server. I wanted to use this raid drive for a media server. I have connected the raid drive to the Airport Extreme using the Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet connector but can't seem to have the drive recognized on the network... How can I fix this?
- Asked by Mujahid M from Upland
- Jun. 1, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate can i connect an external hard drive to my airport extreme via the thunderbolt to ethernet connector?