Similar questions from the community
Is there a way for this SuperDrive to work on a mid 2009 Macbook Pro?
I found a website saying that I could use a terminal command to disable my internal cd drive, making the computer able to use the external superdrive but now the superdrive isnt being registered by the computer... Any suggestions?
- Asked by Collin O from Grand Rapids
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way for this SuperDrive to work on a mid 2009 Macbook Pro?)
Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with my 2009 macbook air?
I have a macbook air mid 2009 and i need a exturnal cd-rom, if i can't get one ill need to sell it and get an other one.
- Asked by Cory K from Auburn
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with my 2009 macbook air?)
will this work with mavericks on a 2009 model A1209 17" unibody macbook Pro?
My internal superdrive stopped working. I would like an external one and an internal one if I can find the correct one. Running Mavericks. Is the internal one available and is it UJ-898?
- Asked by Ellen L from Rochester
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with mavericks on a 2009 model A1209 17" unibody macbook Pro?)
will it work on macbook pro mid 2012?
- Asked by Jaineet S
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work on macbook pro mid 2012?)
No answers yet
2009 iMac and USB superdrive?
The internal superdrive in my 24-inch, Early 2009 iMac w/2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor has stopped working reliably (and most times, has stopped working at all). Was hoping that adding this external USB superdrive would keep my system limping along, however looking at the system requirements seems to have dashed my dreams of being able to continue to use my iMac in the manner for which it was purchased. Would like to know if I am out of luck here, or is there an alternative?
- Asked by Joseph W from Lynn
- Flag as inappropriate (2009 iMac and USB superdrive?)
will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina
- Asked by Stephen Y from Ipswich
- Flag as inappropriate (will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina)
macbook external optical drive
Is this superdrive compatible with Macbook (early 2009)?
- Asked by Lalith S from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook external optical drive)
will superdrive work with "iMac Pro" ?
- Asked by R. P from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (will superdrive work with "iMac Pro" ?)
No answers yet
How do you safely disconnect the USB MacBook Air SuperDrive from MacBook Pro? Normally you dismount (eject) before disconnecting an external device.
MacBook Air SuperDrive is model # A1379 and will be connected to MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running Yosemite V10.10.5. DVD has been ejected and removed from the SuperDrive. Normally you would eject an external device (iPod etc) before you would remove the connecting USB cord. Is the eject not required as the SuperDrive itself doesn't have any internal information/data on it? Also, is it normal for the SuperDive not to show up in the Finder sidebar?
Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?
I bought a SuperDrive in 2008 for my Macbook Air (first generation) and still use it. I just bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display and I am having trouble using the SuperDrive on my new computer. It said something like "SuperDrive not compatible with computer." However, when I look at this SuperDrive, it says it should be compatible. Because I have an older SuperDrive, will it no longer be compatible with my new computer?
- Asked by Gianna Z from Arroyo Grande
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?)
I currently have a MacBook Pro 13" (2011) and looking into getting a Mini. If I get a superdrive, will it work for both? What about with the Airport?
- Asked by Leanna M from Egg Harbor City
- Flag as inappropriate (I currently have a MacBook Pro 13" (2011) and looking into getting a Mini. If I get a superdrive, will it work for both? What about with the Airport?)
Can the superdrive read and write double-sided DVDs?
I have a 2009 Mac Mini. The internal DVD drive is almost "toast". Will the new superdrive work on the 2009 Mac Mini?
And, does the superdrive read/write double-sided DVDs?
- Asked by Jim Hilton T from Winnipeg
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the superdrive read and write double-sided DVDs?)
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
Is the usb superdrive compatible with a MacBook Pro 2007 ? My MBP has what appears to be infamous issues with reading DVDs
I have a MBP 3.1 (late 2007) and have had issues for the past year with reading DVDs. On researching this I am not alone, and it is not a cleaning issue and I ave ret the PRAM and SMC already !
I was going to bring it in for repair or follow some of the suggestions that are out there, which range from turning the machine on its left side to loosening the mounting brackets and of course replacing it. All come with mixed success.
My strategy in my head would be to buy a USB SuperDrive to use until I buy a new MBP. That way it can be used for my next device in a year or so instead of investing time and money to get this one fixed when I use DVDs rarely but it is annoying when I try to watch or burn them.
- Asked by Erik D from Rye Brook
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the usb superdrive compatible with a MacBook Pro 2007 ? My MBP has what appears to be infamous issues with reading DVDs)
Is new SuperDrive compatible with MacBook Pro 2012 (not rettina)?
- Asked by Andrew W from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (Is new SuperDrive compatible with MacBook Pro 2012 (not rettina)?)
Can I link to the SuperDrive in my existing MacBook Pro with my MacBook Pro with retina display?
I have an early 2006 MacBook Pro, and I am waiting to receive my MacBook Pro with retina display. Will I be able to wirelessly access discs through that SuperDrive or do I need to buy an external one? I know you can link to ones in iMacs, but am not sure if the same is true for MacBook Pros.
- Asked by Jessica C from Hemet
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I link to the SuperDrive in my existing MacBook Pro with my MacBook Pro with retina display?)
Does it work with USB C and adapters?
Has anyone used this SuperDrive with one of the MacBooks that only has USB C ? I have all the cables to convert this back to USB A, but not sure if someone had any insight with the new MacBooks. I am currently using a 2016 MacBook Pro (Touchbar)
- Asked by Baramy V from Amarillo
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with USB C and adapters?)
No answers yet