Similar questions from the community
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Does it output the audio also?
HDMI normally carries both audio and video. If you have a movie on your iPhone 5, will this device (with an HDMI cable) output both audio and video to your HDTV?
- Asked by David M from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it output the audio also?)
Is the apple lightning to digital av adapter an hdcp compatible device?
Community has had so many contradicting answers abt if can watch Netflix, Hulu and many others, am just trying to find out if the apple hdmi adapter is actually compatible with hdcp copyrighted contrnt
- Asked by Patrick H from Meyersdale
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the apple lightning to digital av adapter an hdcp compatible device?)
What is the other port beside the HDMI?
I can see that there are two ports, but I can't tell what the second one is and I don't see it in the description.
Is it just another Lightning port so you can charge at the same time as outputting video? That is my best guess...
- Asked by Daniel P from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the other port beside the HDMI?)
2017 - is this adapter HDCP compliant?
- Asked by Amy C from Montgomery
- Flag as inappropriate (2017 - is this adapter HDCP compliant?)
No answers yet
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?
HDMI is dgital and the 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) is analog... but the cable specs say it can connect an HDMI output and and input source with this RCA setup ... will it work?
- Asked by Hugo B from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?)
Will this adaptor work for output to HDMI ready sets in both Europe and USA ie 1080/50i & 1080/60i (as well as the progressive scans at 24/50/60 Hz)
Is this capable of outputting surround sound?
- Asked by Owen I from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this capable of outputting surround sound?)
No answers yet
When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?
iPhone 5 is at 1136x640, so when connected to an HDTV, does the TV get sent a 640p signal, or a 720p signal where everything is slightly blurry from upscaling? If it sends a 640p signal, then you could decide for yourself with the TV's options whether to upscale or leave the image with a border around it.
- Asked by Darren K from Lexington
- Flag as inappropriate (When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?)
Is there a way to get to rca output using this adaptor?
- Asked by Ed F from Huntington Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to get to rca output using this adaptor?)
If you are using FaceTime, can it be seen on your hdmi tv?
- Asked by Elizabeth F from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (If you are using FaceTime, can it be seen on your hdmi tv?)
What is the smaller port to the right of the HDMI port?
- Asked by Deborah A from Belmont
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the smaller port to the right of the HDMI port?)
Hulu and the iphone 5
I have a iphone 4 and watched Hulu thur my lcd tv and I have just got a iphone 5 and will have to replace my cables, the salepersom at radio shack told me I needed a Lighting to 30 pin adapter and to use my old 30 pin HDMI cables for my iphone 4. I just pluged it in today and all I get is sound no video on the my tv only but I do get video on the iphone 5 screen , I was told I really needed a Lightning Digital AV Adapter but was thinking is hulu still doing iphone to tv video output on the iphone 5?
- Asked by Jimmy V from Earlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Hulu and the iphone 5)
No answers yet
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
If I connect the 30 pin to 30 pin to vga will it output a/v ?
- Asked by Jason R from Tujunga
- Flag as inappropriate (If I connect the 30 pin to 30 pin to vga will it output a/v ?)
Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output
I'd like to use my iPad Air with my projector to do Keynote presentations
- Asked by Fiona M from New Lambton Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output)