Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- Mar. 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)
Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?
I want to use the small iPadPro with a wired network connection, with video HDMI out and keep it all powered up.
It looks like it is physically possible to connect the Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into the iPad then attach a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to that and then power that adaptor. But will it work?
Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?
I have have an Irig pro audio interface which uses lightning to connect to my iPhone.
I was wondering if the second lightning adapter port is fullly functional and not just for power?
My iteration is to plug in a usb keyboard into the USB port and use the other lightning port for the the irig audio interface.
- Asked by Stephen M
- Nov. 19, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?)
Does the powered camera connection kit power the iPad also (i.e. whilst connected to a 'Steinberg UR22 mk2' USB self powered audio interface)?
iPad Pro 9.7" CCK charging question
Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks
- Asked by Echeyde C from Palo Alto
- Mar. 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use this adapter to simultaneously connect to an Ethernet adapter AND charge the iOS device at the same time? Thanks)
can i connect EarPods with Lightning Connector to usb 3 camera adapter
I am connecting my iPhone 8 with USB 3 camera adapter to connect with a digital keyboard via MIDI. I was told by an app developer that in order for the app to work properly, I need to plug a wired headphones to my iPhone 8. can I connect EarPods with Lightning Connector to usb 3 camera adapter to make this possible?
- Asked by Fatima D from Calamba
- Jan. 22, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect EarPods with Lightning Connector to usb 3 camera adapter)
Does the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adaptor work on an iPad Mini?
- Asked by John T from Goulburn
- Mar. 31, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adaptor work on an iPad Mini?)
Can a portable HDD be connected to an iPad Pro using this adapter? If it's possible, it will be a huge hit, in my opinion.
If I use this with my ipad to connect to a audio interface namely the Focusrite 6i6 could I use the the adapter to charge the iPad at the same time
Can I connect lightning to 3.5mm to this?
- Asked by Anthony A from Houston
- Sep. 16, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect lightning to 3.5mm to this?)
No answers yet
Can a lightning to USB 3 connect an IPad Pro to a tv ?
- Asked by Penesula Alphonse A
- Apr. 1, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a lightning to USB 3 connect an IPad Pro to a tv ?)
Does this charge the iPad?. If so which ones?
- Asked by Morris G from Norcross
- Mar. 21, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this charge the iPad?. If so which ones?)
No answers yet
How do you power this up to use a wired ethernet connection? Is there a hidden socket around the back?
Hardwiring an iPad to a network and then being able to power the iPad and use video out with a predictable video resolution would finally make this into a useful bit of kit. iPads are being used to interact with the public but they are a pain in the bum when it comes to keeping them charged and connected to a network, especially when they are also video mirroring.
Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?
In the compatibility list says it is, but it doesn't work with mine, it says "the connected device requieres too much power". I'm using the iPad power adapter ofcourse. The device i'm trying to connect is a Focusrite 2i2, it works just fine with the iPhone SE, but the iPad is not working with it. Please let me know if there's a fix for this, thanks!
- Asked by Ivan V
- Mar. 9, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it fully compatible with iPad Mini first gen?)