Questions & Answers for Innovelis TotalMount Mounting System for AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule
8 Questions from the Community
Does the bottom allow for Time Capsule fan ventilation/intake?
- Asked by James G from Plattsmouth
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the bottom allow for Time Capsule fan ventilation/intake?)
Not only does it “allow” for it, it wouldn’t even affect the ventilation.
The reason, quoted from the Innovelis website description:
"The bottom of the mount is completely open around AirPort’s ventilation area to meet Apple’s recommendation to avoid blocking the airflow vents. (See the Troubleshooting sections of Apple’s user manuals for more information.) TotalMount’s design helps maximize cooling for long-term performance."
- Answered by Ji Young B from Watervliet
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the bottom allow for Time Capsule fan ventilation/intake?)
Does the space from the wall to the AirPort Extreme negatively affect WiFi signal?
I am looking to upgrade from a AirPort Extreme (4th gen, "Mac mini"-like profile) which is vertically mounted, to a latest model AirPort Extreme ("tower") and like this vertical mount; however, I thought I had read the WiFi router antenna's should have some "space" (6-12") from the wall, else the signal in that direction will be negatively impacted. Is this true and, if it is, would this mount negatively impact WiFi signal in the direction toward the back of the mount (in other words, would the signal "behind" the front face of the router be negatively impacted?)
The intended placement would be on the eastern most wall, with nothing but a garage beyond it, so the question may be moot as long as the other directions are not negatively impacted.
Any insights would be appreciated, this mount seems like the perfect solution for what I want, pending the answer to this question.
- Asked by Michael B from Monroe
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the space from the wall to the AirPort Extreme negatively affect WiFi signal?)
Yes, though it may not be as big an issue as you say.
Two issues, the signal would have to pass through the wall, so it would be attenuated. the level of attenuation is hard to say without knowing what kind of wall you are mounting on. I am not up to building codes in your area, but fiberglass insulation may or may not be in the wall between the garage and inside. Either way, if the WiFi signal in the garage is irrelevant, you need not worry about that.
Second is that the signal would be partially reflected off the wall and may affect MIMO and beam forming operations. Again, without information on the wall composition, It’s hard to say what kind of interference this may cause.
- Answered by Ji Young B from Watervliet
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the space from the wall to the AirPort Extreme negatively affect WiFi signal?)
Is there room at the rear of the holder for all plugs to fit into the back of a Time Capsule?
Does the Time Capsule sit far enough to the front of the holder to allow cords to plug into the rear?
- Asked by Michael R from Rancho Palos Verdes
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there room at the rear of the holder for all plugs to fit into the back of a Time Capsule?)
What about air flow?
The pics don't show the bottom of the bracket. Is it vented for proper air flow of the Time Capsule. I see space behind the Time Capsule and assume that space is to accomodate the Ethernet and Power cables, and that is great, but is there something more from the bottom to make sure the air flows. Thanks!!
- Asked by Guy M from Cordova
- Flag as inappropriate (What about air flow?)
were is the best location to mount my airport extreme
- Asked by Peter G from Charlestown
- Flag as inappropriate (were is the best location to mount my airport extreme)
The product highlights mentions "no drill necessary", however one of the images shows three holes. How do we install it without drilling?
No answers yet
How does it mount to a wall?
The description makes it seems like there will be no holes in your wall when you mount this. Is it adhesive tape or something that mounts it?
- Asked by Royce T from Ewa Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (How does it mount to a wall?)