Questions & Answers for LG UltraFine 5K Display
131 Questions from the Community
Could you please provide specs for the height of the monitor with the stand both expanded and collapsed?
The stand is height-adjustable. What is the range of heights for the top of the monitor off of a desk?
- Asked by Justin S from Nevada City
- Flag as inappropriate (Could you please provide specs for the height of the monitor with the stand both expanded and collapsed?)
Where is the input of the network cable?
- Asked by Toufic K from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Where is the input of the network cable?)
Will this display support HDCP so I can stream Netflix and Vudu 4K videos from my 2016 MacBook Pro via a web browser?
- Asked by Ronald M from Rancho Mirage
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this display support HDCP so I can stream Netflix and Vudu 4K videos from my 2016 MacBook Pro via a web browser?)
Has anyone managed to get audio out from LG Ultrafine 5k with USB C to 3.5 headphone adapter?
I'm using "CONMDEX Moto Z Type C to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack" adapter and no luck. It doesn't work through MBP's USB C port either.
will LG UltraFine 4K Display work with Mac Pro?
I would like to connect 2 of these to a Mac Pro. Will that work?
- Asked by Patrick T from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate (will LG UltraFine 4K Display work with Mac Pro?)
What Are the Dimensions of the Box?
I'm planning on picking one up at my Apple Store and then walking it home. I have a rather large backpack that I use for transporting things. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the box itself? I doubt I can fit it in my backpack, but if I could, it would be much easier.
- Asked by Seth N from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate (What Are the Dimensions of the Box?)
Can I use both an LG UltraFine 5K Display and the Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch) with a Late 2016 13" MacBook Pro?
Would like to hook the Apple display to the LG display ideally so I only have to connect the LG display to the Mac.
Curious whether it can support both since it can only support one LG Ultrafine 5K
Does this LG display's built-in camera work just as Apple's HD cameras embedded in iMac & MacBook displays? What is the camera's resolution?
Can I connect two of these to a new Macbook Pro 15" with a single cable?
Will connecting two of these to the new MacBook Pro require two thunderbolt 3 ports and cables, or can they be "daisy chained" via the USB-C output so that only a single connection to the macbook is needed? If not, are there any upcoming USB-C / thunderbolt hubs that might support a single cable connection for two of these?
- Asked by Gregory G from Herndon
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect two of these to a new Macbook Pro 15" with a single cable?)
Is it possible to prevent LG 5K display from charging MacBook Pro when connected?
I don't want to continuously charge my MacBook when when connected as I am conscious of this being bad for the battery. Is there a way to turn the charging off or connect in an alternative way?
- Asked by Alex G
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to prevent LG 5K display from charging MacBook Pro when connected?)