Questions & Answers for Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD
8 Questions from the Community
Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?
I have a 15-inch MacBook Pro 2018 (ID 15,1). I've got 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays that I would like to connect via this hub. I saw in the description that it can accommodate 2 displays (using appropriate adapters) via both the USB-C port and the DisplayPort. Does that mean two each port for a total of 4 or is this hub limited to a total of 2 displays combined from all the ports? If limited to 2 overall, is anyone aware of another solution that can accommodate 3 displays?
- Asked by Adam P from Beverly
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?)
Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?
Apple USB SuperDrive needs additional power supply, that makes it does not support any USB hub. Does this dock support for additional power supply?
- Asked by Peiyu L from Riverton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?)
No, I tried and it will not work. I don't know if its a power issue.
- Answered by Richard H from Forest Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?)
This product works with the MacBook Pro 2017 launched June 5, 2017. I have tried 1 Dell 4K monitor and 1 5K LG Thunderbolt 3 and these worked together. The Dell display used DisplayPort and the LG display connected to the 2nd Thunderbolt 3 port on the dock.
Does not work with the MacBook which only has a single USB-C interface. Be aware, the USB-C interface looks just like Thunderbolt 3, but does not offer the higher capabilities of Thunderbolt 3.
Thunderbolt 3 interfaces on shipping Macs also function as a USB-C port when USB-C peripherals are attached.
- Answered by Bryant D from Provo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this work with the MacBook launched June 5, 2017? If affirmative, can two 4K monitors be plugged in??)
The dock supports one 4K monitor through the Display Port at 60 Hz, but once the computer goes to sleep, your monitor may not resync on wake up. This turns out to be the problem with using this dock with the Dell P2715Q and other 4K monitors. I had the same problem with sync on wake up with two lower resolution monitors.
- Answered by Susan P from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the dock support a 4k monitor at 30Hz or 60Hz through the mini display port?)
Does thunderbolt help with video editing
- Asked by Nicolette M from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does thunderbolt help with video editing)